I found an egg!!

downsm75

Songster
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Louisville Ky
I have 4 female ducks. 3 pekin and 1 Muscovy. I found an egg Wednesday and another yesterday. I'm thinking it belongs to my Muscovy. How often do pekins and Muscovies lay? Will pekins lay this late or wait until spring? (They haven't started laying yet)

I have 2 Pekins, and 1 PekinxRunner mix girly. Not sure if my Pekins are still laying or not, but one of them was laying an egg the size of a small goose egg. It was HUGE! I have 4 Muscovies, but they aren't old enough to lay yet. Do you have a pictures of their eggs? I know both Muscovies and Pekins lay white eggs, so it'll be hard to tell them apart unless there is a big size difference.

~ Aspen

A couple of months back I inherited a duck, I believe it is a Pekin? I was told that it was female and laying. But I haven't seen a single egg out of her?! Any ideas?

A couple of months back I inherited a duck, I believe it is a Pekin? I was told that it was female and laying. But I haven't seen a single egg out of her?! Any ideas?
How old is she? and a close up pic of her from the side would be good, if a drake she/he will have a curled tail feather at the end of its back. usually ducks will start to lay between 5- 7 months of age. What are you feeding and is with other ducks or alone?

Back
Top Bottom