I found this from a lethargic chicken

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by our lovelies, Mar 21, 2017.

1. our lovelies

our lovelies New Egg

Mar 21, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone know what this is? It came out of a chicken who has not laid an egg since March 5th and she is 4 years old. She is acting a bit slower and possibly in the beginning of vent gleet, which I am treating her for. It looks like a translucent membrane to me, it stretched when I picked it up, does not have anything in it but clear liguid and does not seem to be a worm. No movement, nor is there a head and so on.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    1 person likes this.
  3. Louise Waffles

Louise Waffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2017
    It kind of seems like the membrane inside an eggshell, but...MORE of it. I don't KNOW, but that's my best guess

4. our lovelies

our lovelies New Egg

Mar 21, 2017
    Thank you for posting your thoughts and the link to help.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under our lovelies [​IMG] Welcome!

I am also swaying towards possibly a membrane or two joined together. Hopefully the folks on the ER Forum will know for sure.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. our lovelies

our lovelies New Egg

Mar 21, 2017
    Thank you so much!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] EEk, I wonder if that is shedding of her intestinal lining ?????? Maybe you could post your photo at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread to see what they come up with.

8. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by