I gave in and started eggs today! Anyone else due around the 13??

Boy oh boy were you right Kismet! They pushed the eggs out of the way for sure. Once they started to pip it wasn't long before they began to HATCH,
ya.gif
and it seems the nothing gets in their way when they are ready to hatch. I must have miscalculated, because today was hatch day by my count, but all have hatched except for 5 (I started with a doz and a half, pitched 2 and have been incubating the rest). They are all VERY active and healthy acting. I have to keep the windows covered because if they have too much light they get to rambunctious and start pecking at each other.
sad.png
I think I'm going to take them out today in the early afternoon. That will be 24 hrs for the oldest one. I'll clean out the shells, check the water level and put the lid back on and hope that any unhatched eggs may still make it. I'll give them another day and then do an autopsy on any that didn't hatch. Does this sound like an OK plan, or is there a hole in it somewhere. Please let me know if it is faulty somewhere.

I'm getting anxious, my hatch date is tomorrow, the 13th. And I don't have any pips yet! They are black copper marans. I just hope my water in the bator lasts til then. It will be close, as I haven't touched the bator since lockdown on Monday afternoon.
roll.png

woot.gif
I have 5 that have hatched already!! Looks like 4 are Mille and 1 black Sumatra. They hatched within 30 min to hour of each other.Got another breakn threw now!!!!!
jumpy.gif
Ok I aint getting anything done today!
droolin.gif
My kids and I are glued to the bator. I'm waiting on my silkies still.One has got it's beak poked threw but is struggling.It's been 19 hrs already since it pipped.Getting worried
hit.gif

I have some BCM WNT marans and some of my mutts that are due on saturday! I just turned on the second incubator last night getting ready for tonight! I had a bunch of non fertil shipped eggs this time which sucks! I only had 1 of my own mutt eggs not develop! Good luck everyone!

I just went back to the 'bator and there is a good bit of green stuff on the bottom of it. Like little tiny green pebbles, very very very tiny pebbles. Have not opened it yet; going to in a minute.

~CH
herlyn

***We interrupt your regularly scheduled incubator broadcast to bring you this Update from the Cheddar Curtain***

I have 3 zips now: Early in the hatch we find the visitors up by an egg in the competition!

GreeneFamilyFarms 2 of 20+4 (A++ pack and ship)
frow.gif

Roc4K 1 of 7

pop.gif
celebrate.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif

Day 21 and now the children and the pets all seem to know there is something special happening in the nursery. They have all stopped by the to put a little window time in.

With egg-streamly good odds, if the GreenFamilyFarms Buff Orpingtons manage to hatch more than the ROC4K home eggs they are going to win this hatch! Padding the odds with extra eggs and great packing. The visitors arrived 100% intact and picked up 4 hitch-hikers somewhere
thumbsup.gif
along the way.

****We now return you to your regularly scheduled program*****

Back
Top Bottom