I gave my chickens today...........................................

I am a new chicken owner..I am very nervous over what type of left overs they can have??? I mean geeezz they eat stuff not good for them like a ciggarette butt! How do I know I'm giving them left overs that are good for them. They seem to get in a frenzy when I feed treats and eat everything.

Give leftovers of salad, fruits, and veggies. They also like oatmeal. Plus bread, cereal, and crackers. So anything your not going to eat. But make sure it is not to salty or sugary

Thank you Chicken Gal! I am beginning a wiggler red worm compost for breeding worms for the chickens, they seem to love them! Are these ok for them and how many a day or week would be best?

With the heat wave we have been putting a block of Ice in the water and they get frozen grapes, frozen watermelon and frozen yougert

Thank you Chicken Gal! I am beginning a wiggler red worm compost for breeding worms for the chickens, they seem to love them! Are these ok for them and how many a day or week would be best?
You are very welcome! I have never tried worms but, people say that chickens love 'em. I would say 2 days at the least. We don't want to give them too many treats.
big_smile.png
But I would have to admit that my chickens get to many treats.
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom