I give up! (AKA: anyone need some button boys?)

Quote:
They are too domestic to survive long in the wild. They don't have the resistance to disease that wild birds have or the benefits from being raised in the wild. They don't do very well in the cold either and would probably freeze if they lived long enough to see the winter.

Thank you! And thanks to Buttercup!

Their biggest evolutionary advantage is their irresistible cuteness. They always get what they want. No human can say no.

I would like to have at LEAST one of your males! The silver make is ..
love.gif

Same thing happened to me!
roll.png

Hatched out 5 or 6 eggs from my own little buttons and I "Thought" I had 2 males and 3 females ... I sold the "Only" two males to a person along with 3 baby buttons and then a week later I look in the pen that has the "3" females and 2 of them have red/blue feathers .... now I have 3 males and 1 female in the pen instead of 1 male and 3 females!
he.gif

What am I gonna dooooo????

Continue hatching until you get a girl
smile.png
I have a pen of males. I hatch a lot so they usually get paired up fast. If in the pen too long...bad bad bad mojo

Quote:
Thanks. I guess in my particular case I still have to chalk some it up to bad luck, because I had 3 total different breeders on those 2 hatches, one in LA, one in TX, and one in OR. The second batch that was all male had both TX and OR eggs.

So, doomed to all males, eh? Does anyone out there have lines that are known to produce a lot of females?

Okay, I think I'll be biting the bullet and listing these on BST. I'm offering them for shipping costs ONLY ($4 for the box plus express shipping costs). I'll edit this with the link to the listing once I get it finished.

Last edited:
They may be small for humans to eat, but have you thought about selling them frozen as animal food?? My ferrets ate the quail that I had to cull (Screwed up legs, they came from a bad hatch) and snakes would eat them too. Maybe even find someone who feeds their cats whole prey.

Just an idea

Back
Top Bottom