I got a new computer!

Peaches Lee

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
So, as a present to myself (LOL), I just purchased a Samsung All-in-One touchscreen computer. It has been fun so far, but let me tell you the most irritating thing---$1200 and I still have to buy Microsoft Office for it! Argh...
rant.gif
I haven't bought a computer in 10 years so maybe it's standard now that computers don't have Office already installed, or maybe it's because it's a fancy touchscreen, but that just makes me mad.

Oh well, BYC loads 10x faster than it did on my old computer, the mouse and keyboard are wireless, I get apps (which I assume is similar to a smartphone), the screen is very wide, and it's just an amazing piece of technology.
big_smile.png

Yes you have to buy the Microsoft Office, I bought a HP laptop for my son when he started college. I had to order the Microsoft for it to be installed at the factory, but I still paid for it at a reduced rate, it was almost $100. My Dell desktop that I bought last year, I had to pay $120.00 for it. I gave my Dell to the grandkids to use, I have a Mac desktop, guess what? It does not have Microsoft! I can buy it if I want, but I don't really need it! Or I will go use the Dell that has it!! Enjoy your new computer! Happy New Year, Theresa

Old Guy, Thanks for the link. I just downloaded it and now I am going to play with it for awhile. I was really upset when I bought this laptop and it only had a limited version of office. We run a small business and I need to be able to do letterhead etc. I'll let you know how it works for me.

Old Guy, Thanks for the link. I just downloaded it and now I am going to play with it for awhile. I was really upset when I bought this laptop and it only had a limited version of office. We run a small business and I need to be able to do letterhead etc. I'll let you know how it works for me.

A word of advice on the open office make sure you save all documents (word processor, spread sheet etc etc etc) you email to people as the Microsoft option (just click it under the save as rather than save and there is a drop down to select from) otherwise they won't be able to open it (Microsoft doesn't like the fact there other options out there so it won't open for them in most cases) on the other hand if you receive a document in the newest version of office it may not open up but slightly older version of office automatically open (or are easily opened). For an office environment I suggest buying a copy for your business if it was just a home computer such as I have I wouldn't suggest buying it because the hassle is minimal but you are depending on it for your lively hood....

Back
Top Bottom