I got a new live trap...Update: new cam

When I turn mine on it reminds me to delete internal memory if I'm using a SD card--mine came with a 1 GB SD card but I've replaced it with a 2GB card.

Tonight I swapped the Moultrie one for a Brushnell one -- for an upgrade price of about $50 but I ALREADY LIKE THIS ONE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!! The insturctions are better, the buttons and functions are easier to use, it will format a SD card to it's own preferences (if you tell it to that is) and it came with it's own USB cable, AND Picasa recognizes it as a camera and uploads the pics to my folder without me having to do any finaggling.

Test pic in my living room (obviously I'm a bit close to the cam)
HUNT0006.JPG

I'm surprised actually.

I really dunno if any theives will come back unless I leave some shiney new toy out in sight.....but I fully expected to see a deer, raccoon or possum stealing the free range feed. The first night all I saw was a truck drive by at 3:47am, and the second night nothin happened between me leaving around 11:30 and the roos crowing at 6:44 LOL
HUNT0016-1.JPG

HUNT0024-1.JPG

and this came out as a rather interesting pic of my brown Leghorn roo:
HUNT0240.JPG

No other pix showed who he might have been bluffing
lol.png

Quote:
I had thought of that, but I'd need a REALLY long extension cord. All of the electricity on the property is on the OTHER side of the 3 acres.....LOL

Did I mention there is no running water? I have to carry them water every day and it sucks. I have a blue plastic barrel though, that I'm building into a water tote system that I will just leave in the truck so won't have to pick up anything, but I had to order some caps for the barrel - they were cheap but I'm just waiting on them to arrive.

those are nice pics from the new camera! clearer than I thought game cam pics would be.

Do you mind sharing the brand name and model number?

Back
Top Bottom