I got a new live trap...Update: new cam

Quote:
Which model? I need another excuse to spend money I shouldn't be spending.

It's a Bushnell "Digital Trail Camera with night vision" model number 119325C but you won't find much about it online for some reason.....some guys on another forum already asked about it lol
It's $147 at WalMart
looks like this:
SANY1225.JPG

the "padlock hole" is incredibly tiny, a standard sized lock won't fit so I had to buy that shrimpy tiny one, and I use that cable to attach it to something solid. (I made the cable myself, put the ends on that is, nothing you can buy was small enough to go through the hole....) The wire on the back is what I used to hold it on the fence one day. hehe

I posted some other pix of my roosters (and me and hubby) from the game cam here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=408866

Quote:
I think the question THe Fox is really asking is whether an animal could have hauled it off, and you never really answered his question. Any reason to suspect a human for the hen versus an animal?

Oh I have another thread about the hen, before I noticed the trap missing too.
I didn't find any point of entry to the coop/pen, no noticible amount of feathers, and no body - I've always been able to tell when I've lost birds before. Also one of my bolt snaps that holds the gate shut was put on backwards - I noticed that before I even noticed anything missing, coz it was hard to get off and I remember thinking "hmmm that's odd"

Besides the traps and hen being missing I had a metal broom handle that we used to dispatch roos last Tuesday night. I put it beside the trap and told my sister "no one would steal a broomstick" ---- but the dang broomstick is also missing
tongue.png
Who steals a broom handle? Anyway, the trap was not baited or set so the door was closed, and like I said the smaller trap was still inside of it - not much chance of a 4-legged varmit hauling it off.

Have been using a large live trap for years, found it turned over but never gone. Don’t think a critter could take it, two legged critter most likely.

Quote:
I make extension cables for my snares out of 3/32's cable 72" long I have a loop on both ends I will wrap a tree and then use a quick link to fasten whatever trap snare or cage to the tree I have a small adjustable wrench on my key ring and a leatherman on my right hip it takes tools to get the trap I trap a fair number of ROW's and have not lost but 4 traps in the last 15-20 years

I have a Bushnell Trophy Cam Trail Camera Model 119290 according to the specs it has a 36 to 45-foot flash range, 1 sec trigger response time with a 45-foot sensor and a 50' field of vision.
This is night picture:
62375_pict0057.jpg

And this is daylight from same position--about 6 feet up in a tree.
62375_pict0735.jpg

Quote:
Not for sure. One night when I was getting eggs the dogs rustled up a druggie prowler hiding in the bushes. I pulled a gun on him and called the cops. Nothing has gone missing since then. I suspect he was probably the culprit.

That game camera died on me after a raccoon got a hold of it. I have a smaller model now. Have not seen any strange two leggers on it though.

Back
Top Bottom