I got a pink egg from a cochin!

georgialee

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Knoxville, TN
One of my bantam cochins is laying a very softly tinted pink egg. She just started laying so I hadn't hard boiled any of hers and I got a surprise when I did:

050.jpg

It's REALLY pink! I think once the bloom came off you can see the true color of the egg. My other bantam cochins are also laying tinted eggs but they're more of a tan color. Oh, and this picture doesn't really do justice to how pink it really was.. don't know why it's so hard to capture with a camera.
sad.png

Thanks!

I swear I'm my own thread killer sometimes
lol.png
I thought cochins layed brown eggs... I thought it was cool that I got a pink one
wink.png

I just collected my eggs from
my Bantam cochins and
I have one thats an extra Large and
I do mean extra large, whats up with these
birds. I have to take a pic. and its not the usual brown its a lot lighter in color.hummmm food for thought LoL
hu.gif
hu.gif

Well, considering most all brown eggs have a warm undertone (pink/red) pink really isn't all that far from a usual light brown egg on the color scale. She may just genetically not produce much pigment so it comes out looking pinkish. Or because she's first laying her body hasn't quite figured out it's supposed to color those eggs yet. Either way, it's a pretty little egg for sure.
smile.png

I get pinkish eggs from a couple of my Standard Cochins. 1 of them lays a pink egg with purplish spots on every egg (need to get a good pic of one). The rest of them lay a light tan egg.

Back
Top Bottom