I got a pip! New Pics

I just helped another one out, I hope he makes it. They are pipping the shell but not the white membrane. The membrane is very white after pipping shell away. My humidity got around 54 and had a hard time getting it back up. But have had it back to 63 this morning and today. Have had to sponges and all wells full. I had taken the plugs out for the other baby while he was still in the incubator. So I messed up on that part for sure. The second baby is still breathing and warming.

Everytime you open bator during hatching you let out alot of humitiy. It took everything I had not to open it but I didnt and everyone hatched except for the inferitile (this was my first hatch) I had temp at 100 and humitiy at 67. And never opened it. I had one that was one of the first to pip but last to hatch. I gave up on it and went to bed it was hatched by morning. Sometimes it takes alittle long as they are getting the last bit of yolk. So if you have to tie up your hands so you dont open it.

I didn't open the bator not even for turning, had a makeshift egg carton in there to turn. My biggest problem was that I realized after was I removed one plug after the first hatching to give it more air. Won't do that again!
The other 2 are doing fine and the first one is in the brooder chirping away. I will put more pic's on later this evening.

You wouldn't believe this but his father is a RIR and the mother is my avatar, a white asiatic braham. I wouldn't get rid of him for nothing. He is huge and kind of hard on them. But so far he hasn't gotten mean on us yet. My new babys are a mix of him and white leghorn or white game, the ones with green legs. But the chicks have yellow legs and one for sure has the feathers on its feet. Watch it be another little rooster
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom