I GOT AN EGG!!!

CANDLE98

Songster
11 Years
Dec 29, 2008
Meridian Idaho
Oh yeah 19 1/2 weeks old and I have an egg. It was so cute! I will post a picture later on today!

The egg wasn't in the nest box, it was sitting on the floor, how to I get them to lay the egg in the box? I already have golf balls in there.....

YAY EGGS!!!

It's so funny to hear an egg described as "cute!" Congrats!
thumbsup.gif

Congrats on your egg!

Golf balls didn't work for my girls; I ended up buying wooden eggs from a craft store. They'll get the hang of it sooner or later. I've had a few take a MONTH before deciding to use the nest box. If you catch them acting like they are going to lay, gently pick them up & place them in the nest box. That's really all that you can do.

Congratulations on your EGG!!! WooHoo!
woot.gif

It sounds like you are doing everything right to get them to lay in your nesting boxes. Just give them a little time. We found our 1st couple of eggs in the run and on the floor in the coop. I have to wonder if those 1st eggs come as a surprise to them.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
ha ha i bet it was a suprise! I would be suprised too! It's like what the heck i need to squat something is coming out! it's almost like having a baby without knowing that you were pregnant!

wee.gif

Congratulations! SO sweet, isn't it? Last summer my DM was looking after our little flock while we went on a short vacation... she sent us a pix phone message with a photo of the first egg, and the text "I'm a GRAMMA!" She was so excited!

Back
Top Bottom