I got an olive egg!

goldfinches

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2011
Maryland
I have only 2 EE's, and was hoping to get blue eggs from them. They are 30 weeks and today, one layed her first egg - a beautiful light olive!

90542_ee_1.jpg

She did manage to crack the tip by laying it on a thin shavings spot in the box, guess we'll have to eat it.

So perfect! How eggciting!!
wee.gif

I have a 16-week old easter egger...Oh, I hope I don't have to wait another 14 weeks!
he.gif

How did you do it??

I know the feeling. I only have one Ameracauna and she lays a green egg. I was hoping for blue. She did lay huge eggs from the very beginning though and has been broody 3 times this year and hatched lots of chicks so I guess she's pulling her weight.
Guess I'll have to get aracaunas or legbars.

thumbsup.gif

I started getting an olive egg not too long ago and couldn't figure out who was laying it. I knew it wasn't my EE, hers are green and she's molting right now anyhow. It turned out the olive egg was coming from her daughter who is half EE, half turken. A strange looking bird, but pretty eggs. Your egg is pretty too.
smile.png

How cool! I just got 4 americaunas and hope for eggs soon. Now I have 14 barred rocks,4 white cochins, & 5 silkies but only two hens are old enough to lay atm

Back
Top Bottom