I got my cornish X this morning

jackiedon

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Central Arkansas
I went in with my neighbor on an order. He ordered 25 and I ordered 40. They sent 62 birds so I guess I will call them tomorrow to tell them they missed 3.

I got them sorted in rubbermaid tubs. I called my neighbor and he told me he couldn't pick his up in the end of next week. He's got to work the state fair (he's a policeman) then he's going to the deer woods for 3 days. I've been telling him for a month and called him Tuesday to tell him they were being shipped that day.

Anyway, the all arrived health and fiesty! On of the rubbermaiad tubs has a ribbon tied to it and they are having a ball playing with it. They are so funny to watch.

I've got them on game starter which has 20% protein. Is this ok?

I see your living up to your title once again Jackie, on the game starter I don't have an answer for you, I know I was offered it at the feed store when they only had medicated starter in stock, I passed on it but really don't know what all is in it. so when is the BBQ gonna take place? been awhile since I have cooked any chicken on the pit and it's starting to sound like it will be on the menu this weekend. also curious where your going to hide them when your husband comes home at the end of the day lol. over run again.

I called Moyer's about the three missing they are going to credit my account. Just my luck most people get extras and I get shorted birds. Oh Well, they all are health and active this morning.

jackie

Out of 70 that my neighbor and I have, we have lost 3. Now out of 35 that my friend had that came with our order she has lost 7. Not sure why she has lost more with less
idunno.gif

I lost one from a long seed pod that it choked on and saved another from a piece of straw. I started using fine pet litter only and feeding more often as well as leaving an abundance of food and didn't loose another. I did have to pull a clover leaf out of one who couldn't get the stem down.

Don't know if this will help, but it might be something to look for.

Back
Top Bottom