I got my first quail!

Well, so far I have 6 hatched and one trying to come out as I type. One is very yellow with stripes, 4 are a little darker with stripes, and 1 is solid brown with a little white on its chest and around the eyes. I will put up a picture after I give the rest a chance to hatch. Then you guys can tell me what the colors are.
smile.png

Hot2Pot, you have lovely grandbabies. They must take after you, lol. I'll be sure you get to see them soon.

Thanks BFrancis. Heck fire, I'm up to 9 now! Still have 16 eggs to go, so maybe I'll get some more. But I tell you, I'm plumb tickled with what I got so far.

Last night I mentioned that the first few were trying to munch on the others as I put them in the brooder. Daggone suckers were trying to pull a drumstick off one little guy! Hot2Pot advised me to give them some boiled egg which I did. Little boogers loved that stuff. I've been keeping a little in there since, and now they don't try to chew on the new ones when I put them in with them.

Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement. Means a lot to me. Sure is fun to have nice people to share stuff with.
smile.png

Jeff

Definitely strange how they seem to pick on the new ones like that, its like they want some of that sweet yolk leftover lol. I tried the hard boiled eggs yesterday and they LOVED it

Back
Top Bottom