I got my goats today, but.......

What would you do if it happened to you???? I can just picture a thread on here titled "can't stop crying" and the content from a sad BYCer crying cause her hubby was an idiot and sold her favorite animal to a random person for less than it was worth. Yes, possession is 9/10 of the law, but do unto others....seriously, I know it sounds corny, but if it happened to you what would you want done???? Is there someone else you can buy from???? I would tell her, listen, I think that price is a little high, $170 for just 2 goats, and tell her you'll let her take them back if she refunds you the FULL amount for them both and takes them back. Then buy from someone else. If she's not willing to do that then try and figure something else out, like she brings you another goat and you don't pay any extra.

if the goats were sold to you then you own them.
to me it is absurd that a seller would call and demand a return or more money. to me something seems "funny" about the whole thing . . . a new version of bait an switch? hmmmm.
if you decide to give the goats back i would ask for the $40.00 in gas money on top of the money you paid for the goats.
good luck!

Quote:
I agree BUT it doesn't sound like this was someones favorite animal or prized pet. It sounds like this person is peeved that she didn't get more money, hence why she'd let her keep the goat if she gave her more money. If it was me and something happened I would send of a polite email explaining my relationship with the animal, offering a full refund or trade for another goat, as well as offering to come pick said goat up.

Well if it was Me I would email her back and ask for a total refund and gas money for driving to get them. Then wait for a response from her. If no response then she is just blowing steam. Was it her husband quoting prices or a hired hand? Also if these goats are friends then they should be sold in pairs. I dont sell a goat by itslef unless the people already have goats and still its better for the goat to go with a goat it already knows. Its hard on a goat to be moved anyway but to be put in a pen not knowing any others is really scarey. I think she is mad at the sale and wants more money and after she cools off she will be fine. Once a price is quoted thats the price.

You purchased those goats in good faith. You do not owe the seller anything more. You paid the price set at the time of the sale. Their loss. Your gain.
I would never buy a lone goat either. They are best in 2's or 3's. Lonely goats are destructive.

Quote:
Goats don't graze unless there is nothing else to eat. Their poop doesn't wash away in the rain. It stays around a long time. You would be better off with a couple sheep. They do graze.

Sounds like sellers remorse to me. If she wanted the sale 'done right', then she should have done it herself. Boo hoo on her.
I'd keep the goats, but I'd send her an email back saying if she wanted them back, I'd want a full refund. Plus the gas money wasted to pick them up and the food they've eaten since you've had them.
I doubt she'd return the email.

Congrats on the new goats
smile.png

I totally agree with the last posters. You paid, you both agreed. Really that is the end of story.
I would just definitely not deal with them again, and personally I would call her, tell her the deal was final and DON"T make any apologies. You did what you were supposed to do. Period.
Enjoy your new goats! They are all characters.
(MissPrissy, sheep are the next on my list!!!)

thanks, I struggled wth this all night. I have finally come to the conclusion that a deal is a deal. the 'guy' was her husband. After we picked out the one we wanted, he "offered" me the runt. I said How much for the two? He said $100 for both. i though for a few seconds, and said "Deal" he said "good" he helped me load them into my car. I handed him over the cash, and said "Thank you" My kids were witnesses to the deal, and his neighbour saw him loading them in my car.

In her email, she offered me the runts mom as a replacement. Hmmm, wonder why?

i will respond to her today to let her know that this deal was final. We have named them Callie for the calico, and Pippi for the pipsqueak. they are cute, but not too friendly yet.

I must go finish my housework so i can bond with my new goats.

Oh, and I got a look at the chick that has hatched. it is a cute little yellow thing with a tiny little chirp. i am so excited!

i just wish I could 'just' be excited without having this to deal with.

thanks.

Oh and meat rabbits are next on my list, followed by pigs, and then bees. I'm so glad my husband tolerates this passion I have.

Back
Top Bottom