I GOT MY SEBASTAPOL EGGS - PIC'S!!!!!!

Do NOT wait until they pip to move them. You will compromise the hatch. All of them could die in the shell.

If you must move them do it on the day you stop turning. Put them in and boost the humidity as recommended by most university educational charts to 85%. The less you open the bator and handle the eggs the better.

Make sure your LG has been running for a good solid week with no temp problems. Use a surge protector and try not to plug anything else into that circuit.

Remember - they might pip in day 28 but they could go without hatching until day 32.

Candle again on Day 10. You really can't be sure that one will remain clear. I had one in both batches that I was sure was clear but by day 10 there was a growing embryo and veins.

Goose hatching is intense! I am nervous just thinking about it! LOL

Today is the 10th day and I candled them this morning when I rested them and misted them and it still appears to be clear but I am leaving it in there. I may not move them from the cabinet incubator (1202 Sportsman) - it is so consistant with temp - 99.5 and 50% humidity - I have the LG going (and it's right on 99) but I may just move them to the hatching tray of the cabinet bator and jack up the humidity - May 6th is when the turning stops and they will go into the hatching tray - the 28th day of hatch falls on May 8th.........the only problem is the cabinet incubator is in another house - it's ours and it's empty but has electric and water - we just don't rent it - sort of a guest house - anyway I have to run back and forth - may just stay down there....completely furnished....'cept it has mice.......and spider's.........
barnie.gif
I have stickie traps everywhere, but the thoughts of spider's!
barnie.gif

Looks like somethings in there. Mine looked like that around that time. I have two out of three confirmed growing. I am not sure about the third one, we'll see on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Tonite, I am going to take out my contacts and use the naked eye - or old glasses, and candle them again. Call me Mr. Magoo!
cool.png
Can't see well at all. To answer your question, MissPrissy, "I think so!" I get so nervous when I candle them, afraid I will drop one, or get it too hot, or catch the cardboard over the bulb on fire........
barnie.gif
You know, I envy the goose, all she has to do is sit there, and keep them warm and turn them.......she has no stress whatsoever!

They came out of the turner - and I candled them again (I have candled them everyday I have rested them and misted them) - and on day 26 (today) for the first time, I saw movement!!!!!!!! I think perhaps I have been candling them too fast - afraid I will get them too hot...or too cold...I still have them in the 1202 Sportsman in the hatcher in the bottom but wonder about humidity - 70%.....? I was told to leave them there until they pip and then move them to the LG for hatching.......anyone else out there hatching sebbies? Do I keep resting them and misting?????

If you wait until they pip to move them I think they will be less likely to finish the hatch. I was told once they are left alone on day 26 to start resting and pipping to leave them alone except for the misting and cooling. Don't touch them. Leave them still as can be. Keep the humidity high and your hands off.

If today is day 26 and you plan to hatch them in an LG you should go ahead and move them. Humidity should be up around 85%.

Once they pip don't move them, don't open the incubator. Don't mist them.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom