1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got some new chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by brahmakid13, Aug 20, 2013.

1. brahmakid13

brahmakid13 Chillin' With My Peeps

I got some buff orpington hens for free yesterday. I named them Mcnugget, which is the friendliest, Blonde, which is the second friendliest, and the last one I still need to name. The lady I got them from gave me a bag of their treats, and trust me they know what that bag is! :D I'll try to upload pictures from my Ipad mini.

2. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Please post pics!

3. brahmakid13

[​IMG].

Breakthrough! They trust me enough now that they let me walk up to them and pet them for 5 minutes at a time. The chicken in the picture is blonde.

4. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    She is precious!

5. brahmakid13

My parents just signed a contract or something to build a house in a neighborhood. That means no more chickens. :(. On the good side it has a pond with turtles in it right behind the house (that's a good thing because I'm a reptile enthusiast and a turtle man wannabe) . But we have until December so hopefully I can keep the buffs for a little while.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by