I guess I can hatch something after all!!!!

MBLayfield

Songster
12 Years
Oct 22, 2007
Wellsville, UT
I just checked my hatcher and I have coturnix and button quail hatching! I thought for sure I had killed them! Today at lunch, no action.... Tonight by nine I have at least 50 pips! I can't wait! I'll post pics when they are hatched! Woo Hoo!
big_smile.png

Congrats. I've been convinced with both of my hatches that I've killed them all. So far I'm only running 30%, but that's with a homemade bator, and temp spikes, bulbs going out, you get the idea. This happened both times.

I set 120 just to be sure than something would finally hatch and live...... I'm totally sure I'm being paranoid but as I'm staring at the incubator now watching them I've noticed that most of them are pipped in the middle or very close to the wrong end completely (crap are they gonna smother). And I'm also worried that the ones that are further along pipped are going to tromple all over the button eggs and kill them when they hatch. I know I'm being paranoid but every hatch of eggs (chicken) I've had this year have all died one way or another. Literally even the ones I've had hatch have died by me overheating them, dying mysteriously, disappearing, etc.... I desparately want these guys to hatch! I've killed chickens all year long, it would be nice for something to live......

My chicken hating husband is even in here watching them, I think he wants them to hatch just for my sake.......
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom