I guess we are getting ducks

CARS

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 24, 2009
Saint James/ Comfrey MN
It seems as though when you have chickens everyone assumes you want all types of fowl
roll.png

Our neighbor came by yesterday and asked if we would like a couple ducks. One of her friends likes baby ducks because they are cute but doesn't know what to do with adult ducks. I really despise people who buy on a whim and don't think things out, but I digress.

So later today they are dropping off these ducklings. I don't know what breed they are, how large/small they are. I don't know what to feed them, don't know where I am going to put them, etc. I have had chickens for years but never any waterfowl.

What kind of enclosure do I need? How much square foot per duck? Is 16% layer (chicken) feed good enough or do I need something else?

Any tips would be appreciated! I am taking these ducks because I know I can eventually find a good long term home for them. Who knows, I might just like them enough to keep them! Then again.... where does it stop???

Yes I give mine laying mesh. and I keep mine in a dog house kind of set up. I let them free range during the day and put them in the cage at night.

Back
Top Bottom