I had my first heart attack at 37 (figuratively)

Quote:
In some states there is a "Beginner's License" and in other states there is a "Learner's Permit." They are essentially the same thing, although the specific requirements vary from state to state. This is the timeframe when a licensed adult driver is typically required to be in the car with the learner/beginner. I would be surprised if any state requires a fully licensed driver to have another licensed driver present.

I grew up in Texas which has (or at least did 30-ish years ago) a "Beginner's License." Since that is the term I grew up using, that is what I typically say, and it causes a great deal of confusion in my house as Arizona has a "learner's permit." The use of the word "License" carries a connotation for DH and DS that does not occur to me.

Well, back in my day....
old.gif

I didn't have to have anyone with me once I turned 16 and passed the test. Nowadays, in Iowa, you have to have your parent, legal guardian, or other adult 25 years old or older with you.

What's worse than someone talking on the phone and driving is someone TEXTING while driving. Just this spring a 17 year old boy was killed 'round these parts while TEXTING on his way to school. Ran right off into a ditch. What a shame...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom