I had to fill out a form to buy chicks at TSC in NC

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cackle, Apr 14, 2009.

1. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I almost did not buy chicks yesterday at TSC because I had to fill out a form with my name, address , phone number and number of chicks. When I asked why I was told the state of NC required it. The clerk said at this point they just file them in case something happens (?) and the state needs to find me. I really should have filled in a fake address as I was not asked to provide ID. Believe me I thought about it.

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh I hope that wasn't for the National ID system. [​IMG]

That sure would be a sneaky way to get around that and one that would make me furious.

3. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I know that is why I almost did not buy them or lied on the form.

4. ODS-n-ENS FARM

ODS-n-ENS FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    NH
    I would have asked more about this "law". Do they have it posted ? (my grain store has the 12 minimum law printed out &posted) I googled your state laws and found nothing requiring info....I would have lied.

5. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That really sounds like NAIS, doesn't it? But the form is way longer than just a name and address, so idk.

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I am having way too much fun getting chickens, chicks and eggs from right here on this site to inform the government where I am or what I am doing with my chickens.

If I have to sign something to identify myself, I don't care how cute the chickens are, they will be staying where ever they are.

The government knows waaaay too much about me as it is !

[​IMG]

7. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    I did not buy chickens in Asheboro for that very reason. It is not a law, I was there to buy chicks, not a glock.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is ridiculous to say the state requires it. TSC is lying about that, I'm afraid. I go to a feedstore in NC and if the state required it, then they'd have forms to fill out. Not happening. And if I pay cash for anything, they get no information. I wouldn't buy chicks there if they insisted.

9. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    That sounds a LOT like NAIS, or at least the start of it. Maybe they're getting a feel for how people react to having to give out that information?

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    You got a big line tossed at you...there is no such law in NC, I just spent time looking to make sure. Sounds like TSC is falling into the NAIS crapola they will not get my business EVER for sure now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by