I had to fill out a form to buy chicks at TSC in NC

cackle

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
North Carolina
I almost did not buy chicks yesterday at TSC because I had to fill out a form with my name, address , phone number and number of chicks. When I asked why I was told the state of NC required it. The clerk said at this point they just file them in case something happens (?) and the state needs to find me. I really should have filled in a fake address as I was not asked to provide ID. Believe me I thought about it.

Oh I hope that wasn't for the National ID system.
hide.gif

That sure would be a sneaky way to get around that and one that would make me furious.

I would have asked more about this "law". Do they have it posted ? (my grain store has the 12 minimum law printed out &posted) I googled your state laws and found nothing requiring info....I would have lied.

I am having way too much fun getting chickens, chicks and eggs from right here on this site to inform the government where I am or what I am doing with my chickens.

If I have to sign something to identify myself, I don't care how cute the chickens are, they will be staying where ever they are.

The government knows waaaay too much about me as it is !

tongue.gif

That is ridiculous to say the state requires it. TSC is lying about that, I'm afraid. I go to a feedstore in NC and if the state required it, then they'd have forms to fill out. Not happening. And if I pay cash for anything, they get no information. I wouldn't buy chicks there if they insisted.

You got a big line tossed at you...there is no such law in NC, I just spent time looking to make sure. Sounds like TSC is falling into the NAIS crapola they will not get my business EVER for sure now.

Back
Top Bottom