I had visitors yesterday.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justusnak, Jan 24, 2009.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

First, let me start by saying, I have pneumonia...again! UGH! Not feeling well...and still haveing to do the outside chores.
    So, yesterday I was filling water barrels, when my turkeys started makeing a ruckus. Usually this means someone is here, or something is here. LOL So, I came out from the coop...rounded the corner and was met by 4 donkeys!! Well, HELLO!! [​IMG] They belong to the neighbor, whe was of course NOT HOME. So, i get a bucket of corn, and lead them the almost 1/4 mile home..and get them back in thier fence. They were completely behaved...thank goodness! LOL Later that evening I went to let him know I ut his donkeys back...and he never even said thanks![​IMG] I dont like this neighbor..and if I had a pasture, I would have just put them in there. For safe keeping of course LOL

2. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Maybe you can share your pneumonia with him. How ungrateful!

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'm amazed you could walk that far with pneumonia. When I had it a few months I could barely breathe. I hope you feel better soon! [​IMG]

What a horibble neighbor to not even thank you. [​IMG]

4. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Of course!

I came home from work one day and one of my gates that was usually open was tied shut. I figured out that the horse had gotten out and someone passing by knew where he belonged and put him up for me. [​IMG] I never did find out who the good Samaritan was.

Hope you feel better soon.

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    You are amazing...having had the dread puemonia...I could net get out of bed....well done you...and shame on your neighbour

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Shame on neighbor! At least you are a very good person in returning his donkeys!

7. Hope your feeling better, maybe you passed it to your ungrateful neighbor. marrie

8. Big Red's Mom

Big Red's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Terry, Mississippi
    I am glad you put them back...That neighbor doesn't know how much money you saved them if the donkeys would have gotten in the road and gotten hit......

You are a good neighbor....Hope you feel better soon.[​IMG]

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I find that if I walk slow enough, I can do OK...even with pneumonia. And, staying on your feet help to keep it from settling in your lungs. So, I keep upright...walking, even slow is better than nothing. Oh, I huff and puff...and take breaks...Haveing COPD, I am used to lung issues.
    The only bad part about the donkeys was....I was the one with the pan of corn..they wanted it, and I was trying to not let them get it untill I got them in the fence. They sure are pushy little things! Im telling you...if I had a paddock...they would have gone in there instead! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by