I HATE Irresponsible pet owners. She's here ..Heavy Sad Pics;(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CoopCrazy, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bheila

bheila Songster

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    [​IMG] Good for you! You absolutely did the right thing. I wish I could've been right there with you. I probably would've had spit and flames flying out of my mouth. I HATE HATE HATE irresponsible pet owners. They didn't care about that poor dog. They were more worried about what the vet would think of them. Mange is fairly easy and inexpensive to cure. Shame on those owners. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] to you!

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    So here she is. Her name is Shiloh. She is around a year old and only is about half the size she should be.

This is your warning these photos are very sad.

She was eating a meaty bone, I got her to help transition to outdoor life. So alot of pics are moving pics. I was able to get her in good fencing. Which makes me very happy.

We have a vet appointment Monday for the prelim testing. Wish us luck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is her lovely home.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And her assistant rescuer Aaron. He is such a ham.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    cute...now lets pray she can be treated and live out the rest of her existance in joy and comfort.

hugs to all,
    g

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Songster

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Bless you. You are her angel.

Now, I am getting teary... [​IMG]

5. Thank you so much for taking her in. Good Luck with her. [​IMG]

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    As long as she hasn't got any major secondary issues. I will be treating the Demedex mange although it will be a very long procress. I am gonna post pics every two weeks. To see her transformation.

7. Hellvagirl

Hellvagirl In the Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    [​IMG] Thank You for rescuing her.

When I was growing up we had a old hound dog with the mange & my mom fed him a penny that she'd stuck inside a weenie.Said it had something to do with the copper in the penny.It worked!!! He got better & got his hair back.

I was coming home one day & passed by a church.Their was a little girl puppy sitting there.Someone had dropped her off.I felt sorry for her & picked her up & took her home.......little did I know she had mange.I fed her a penny & got her well also.

Humans can get mange from dogs..it's called SCABIES.I know for a fact cause I got it from the little girl dog.It's only treated with the Lindane Lotion.So if you start itching where you sweat alot....get to the dermatologist & tell him its possibly scabies,he'll have to look at your skin under a magnifying glass to tell.

[​IMG] Praying you or your family dont catch scabies.

8. sorry... I promised to stay away from controversial threads... I withdraw

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
  9. amamaofmany

amamaofmany Songster

Oct 22, 2008
    west virginia
    Just be very careful feeding dogs pennies.

They are no longer pure copper (and haven't been for a number of years), but now have a zinc center and are only coated with copper.

The dog's body will digest the copper off, which won't hurt the dog, but then comes the zinc bit, and that is the problem. Zinc in that amount is very poisonous to dogs.

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Oh wow that is SO sad [​IMG] Thank goodness you rescued the poor thing! Good for you! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: