I HATE Irresponsible pet owners. She's here ..Heavy Sad Pics;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have oiled her down with oily diesel and it would have healed the mange and killed the mites. To do nothing is simply wrong.

The fact that could live in the same house with her bleeding and dripping pus. Amazes me how could havbe this sweet dog with her head on your lap everyday and not do a thing it just makes me sick. Dangit i got my self crying again

Quote:
I have to agree........

I LOVE Pitbulls....
I don't think any dog or anything should have to live like that, dying by its owners side......thats just wrong....and I know as a fact that mange is extremely painful to ANYONE or ANYTHING its just horrible...................
hit.gif

After rereading my OP. I feel i didnt give a good description of my relationship with said friends/friends. The word berate was not my best choice of words. I did not yell at them , but i was very angry. I had seen this dog two months before abd was told that was getting treatment. The friends who asked me to come over did so (unbeknownst to me) Specifically so that i could see this dog and knowing there was know way i would allow it to continue. I am not better then anyone else in this world, I simply refuse to allow ANY and I mean ANY animal to suffer without doing everything in my power to stop it.

I'm speechless. I wish you could do to the owners what they did to a helpless dog. I can't even read stuff like this without wanting to punch a wall. Grrr. Thanks for being her advocate and offering to take care of her.

COOP CRAZY................
Years ago when I worked at an animal shelter, we were governed by the county commission and had a board of directors. Maybe you could check into who oversees the animal control operations in your jurisdiction and file a complaint on them for not checking into the dogs situation. You could also report the AC people the American Humane Assoc. or the ASPCA. There is no sense in them not doing their job! If they don't care, they need to find another way to make a living!
somad.gif

On the other hand, thank you for what you're doing. I wish everyone cared as much as you.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Yes I did that in their home . I will not allow an animal to be abused ever without speaking up. These are not people that I just met and they knew the consiquences of allowing me into THEIR home. They had this dog for months with NO treatment. I don't feel that a " By the way your dog is bleeding all over me, you should really have that checked out!" would be an appropriate response. I was a Veterinary assitant for 4 years and will not just sit back and watch an animal suffer. They have no voice but by God's good grace I DO.

You know, sometimes thats what you have to do to make people see the light, so to speak. I'm so happy you have the dog. If it would make you feel better, I'd have done the same. I feel for animals, like you said, they are the helpless ones here. And for the stupid AC, don't even get me started, they can sure come out fast enough to tell you your chickens have to go, twice!!

You did the right thing! It burns my @#%* when people mistreat animals.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago with an aqaintance who lived a few blocks from us. We kept seeing this half starved Chihuaha running around town, and a couple of times I almost ran her over. One freezing cold night my DD was leaving her job which was about a mile away, and when she opened her car dog this pitiful little dog jumped in with her.

She brought her home that night and we warmed her up and fed her well. Poor thing kept growling at us, and had a bad limp.

The next day I went to see the owner and asked why they were letting thier dog run around in sub zero weather, and not feeding her enough. They told me the dog growls, and that when they let her out she runs away. Come to find out that thier 16 son was always kicking her hard as some kind of sport and thier two little girls would fling her around. This explained the limp.

Anyway I berated them and they told me I could have her. So almost three years later I still have her and she never growls, but she might lick you to death. Poor thing just needed loving and good care.

So yes you did the right thing telling these fools off. We must always speak up for the innocent and abused!

mange is very easy and cheap to cure, there's two different kinds, sarcoptic which is contagious from dog to dog and demodectic which is an overgrowth of the regular mites that live on the dog's skin, injectable ivermectin is what the vets use to treat it, sarcoptic is the easiest and the demodectic takes a small daily dose of ivermectin, it may take a few months to get it under control, they just need to do a skin scraping to determine which mite the dog has, i worked as a vet tech for 8 yrs and the stories i could tell, people can be so cruel
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom