What could be going on here? Canker but no sign in mouth, ear is clear?

horsegal301

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2020
This sweet little cochin girl's comb and the left side of her cheek is swollen, as are her earlobes and her combs are also discolored. Left cheek is hard to the touch. There are some sores on her earlobes, but I don't know if that's related as she is lower in the pecking order and my flock can be real jerks sometime..

She is still eating and drinking and I have her separated in a dog crate for now.

Her ears are clear despite the lobes being swollen. I don't see any yellow like in her mouth that would make me think of canker based off of other threads I've seen here. There is one exotic vet in our area and she's booked out months in advance, so if there's anything I can do in the mean time, I'd like to try.

Attachments

• 20240215_140455.jpg
    20240215_140455.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240215_140438.jpg
    20240215_140438.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 10
Looks very similar to pictures I've seen of bird flu. How are the other birds?
They're fine. Haven't seen another one with similar symptoms. She also doesn't have the discolored legs that I've seen talked about with avian influenza and neither do any of the others. I'd also be confused as to how they would be contract that since we recently moved about 4 weeks ago and they haven't been outside to access where wild birds could be since we're still waiting on a coop and run to be delivered. They've been in a barn where birds have and had no access and I have shoes outside their area to swap into, so there shouldn't be an biosecurity problems tracking that in.

They're fine. Haven't seen another one with similar symptoms. She also doesn't have the discolored legs that I've seen talked about with avian influenza and neither do any of the others. I'd also be confused as to how they would be contract that since we recently moved about 4 weeks ago and they haven't been outside to access where wild birds could be since we're still waiting on a coop and run to be delivered. They've been in a barn where birds have and had no access and I have shoes outside their area to swap into, so there shouldn't be an biosecurity problems tracking that in.
How's her breathing?

It's definitely not canker.

Back
Top Bottom