1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I hate mud !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by nightshade, Dec 30, 2008.

1. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] okay so the weather here is driving me nuts 20's one week with snow and 40's next week with rain. The ground for the most part all but the top inch is still frozen and now there is mud everywhere. And it seems there is not enough gravel in the world to get rid of the mud that has now taken over my run. [​IMG] IF we still get to move this is the major reason I am putting a porch roof over my run. I hate the mud!!!!!!!!

2. corydonald

corydonald Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    my coop
    oh lol mud hahahha

3. Animallover606

Animallover606 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    i know this year we had a raininy season and my coop witch you'sed to be grass turned into joyful mud not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I've resorted to keeping a pair of boots next to the back door. Those boots ONLY go into the backyard and never into the house.

Our yard is yucky!!

5. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

I ended up putting down play sand everywhere which allowed the water to drain through and kept my chooks' feet dry.

6. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:You should try 20's one day and 60's a couple days later like here in GA. I am SOOOOO sick of the weather swings and all the rain!!! YUCK!!!! I totally understand the mud thing, everything here is a mucky mess!

7. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i hate mud!!!!!!!!!!!! too. i hate mud season. i would rather have it frozen then mud.

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

We have a lot of springs on our property. Right now it is so wet I can barely walk through the pasture. [​IMG]

9. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    We've got 3 feet of snow melting into mud and thawed out POO! 2 weeks of built up poo suddenly thawing out and being churned in the mud. Phew! Even their covered area is nothing but muck.

I put down almost 6" of sand last fall and another several inches of pea gravel. All gone, disappeared in the mud.

10. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ooh, I hear you!!! We've had tons of rain and some snow, then warmer weather, blah, blah, blah,. . . . Everything is a yucky, muddy, mucky mess!!! The horse pastures, the chicken pens, the yard. . . . I'm soooo sick of wading up to mid-calf everywhere I go around here!!! Ok, I'm through complaining now. On the bright side - I get to live in the country!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by