I hate raccoons Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote:
Ya let them goooo??? rofl Probably the same few coming back.
gig.gif

Sorry, not really funny. They can travel a good distance pretty quick to get back to their home territory. Why didn't you dispatch them permanently??

ya'll dont know me very well. I am one of the biggest advocates on NOT relocating here
hmm.png

Quote:
By "relocating" do you mean to a shallow grave or a compost pile?

I'm hoping they meant a dirt nap place...

I was being delicate when I said I "relocated " them. In truth, I relocated them to Raccoon Heaven (or hell?). I removed the first 8 or 9 to a remote, unpopulated area in a galaxy far,far away after marking them with orange spray paint on the back of the neck just to be sure I wasn't catching the same one twice. I got very weary of spending my evenings driving them far away so I began dispatching them permanently. This all happened long before I got chickens.

By the way, baiting the trap with canned catfood (the stinkier the better) worked like a charm. I even caught two little field mice once.

One of the coons I trapped is burned forever in my memory. I had put the trap on the grass for the last few nights and they tore up the sod underneath it, making a terrible mess. So, I decided to put the trap on my wood dock to solve that problem.

One morning I went out to find the biggest raccoon I've ever seen stuffed into the trap. I have no idea how he/she got their whole body in there. As I reached to pickup the trap by the top handle he hissed and growled viciously. I carefully lifted up on the handle but the cage wouldn't budge. I reasoned that he must be REALLY heavy, so I gave it another more powerful tug. Nothing happened. After trying several times I was sure he was holding onto the dock somehow. Then after some continued struggle it came up.

I discovered that in the night he had pulled up 3 inches of a 4 inch nail out of pressure treated dock planking, up into the wire bottom of the cage and it was hanging up on the top of the nail as I tried to lift it. Now I would have a very hard time even with a claw hammer getting one of these nails out of this weathered wood. He did it with two little paws and claws. I will never underestimate their strength and power after seeing what he did.

Sadly, this was one of the first ones I trapped so I took him out in the stix to release. When I opened the door on the trap with a broom handle, he turned on me and started to charge toward me. I had to jump into my open trunk to evade his attack. If I had a video of that It would win the prize on America's Funniest Animal videos I'm sure. After circling the car once or twice, he ambled off into the woods grumbling and cursing. I had nightmares about this several times afterwards.

Now THAT was one that should have been sent straight back to hell where it obviously came from. HA!

Back
Top Bottom