I hate snow

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by apbgv, Oct 26, 2008.

1. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Ok I know I am in Iowa but I still don't like it. Its been snowing alittle and real windy today YUCK. I hope the weather people are right and suppose to get back in the 50s this week. Still need to get the pond fish in and winterize the coop:( I am done complaining now:lol:

2. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

same here in Alaska today...I'm feeling the same! Unusual for me but feel chilled and looking out the window looks chillier, going to sit inside and crochet a baby blanket for my 1st granson but have to run out and check all the birds/coops first- Missing the wood stove right now...the smell, the heat, the fire dancing...

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I've always preferred snow to 33 F and rain [​IMG]

4. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    It's snowing in Iowa. :eek: I better go watch the news and get off here. Where are u at?

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    This is why god gave us Hot Cocoa [​IMG] Go have a cup and see if you dont feel better [​IMG]

6. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    It's been so windy here in Iowa today it picked up my above ground pool and bent it in half. I drained it a few days and was going to take it down today but the wind was too bad. It also blew my iron table and umbrella with a heavy stand off the deck and broke the umbrella. I am so mad!! [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The sun is shining here today and is 89 degrees outside right now. The chickens have been basking in the sun and we almost need to turn a fan on. Chicken in the crock pot and house smells heavenly.

I know, now you all want to kill me.

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:So true.

We went to Lake Michigan this afternoon because the forecasters were saying that, with the cold front moving through, there would be 50 mph winds and 12 ft. waves. We were not disappointed. It was awesome!

We are getting our first flakes tomorrow, and I'm not disappointed because, to me, the holidays wouldn't be the holidays without snow.

Curl up in front of the fire with a warm blanket, take a long bath, engage yourself in some baking... [​IMG] There are plenty of simple pleasures to be had when it's cold outside.

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    We have had a wind advisory here as well and I saw a couple of flurries...I dont mind snow too much, at least through December. Unfortunately, Minnesota (and Iowa,lol) have only begun with the snow by that time!
    Mmmm. Hot cocoa...

10. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I just went out to care for the chickens and just about got blown away. I agree....I like snow for the holidays. I couldn't imagine it being warm on Christmas.
    I think I'm going to grab up a couple chickies tonight and snuggle in front of the TV. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by