I hate thieves

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mohillbilly, Apr 15, 2012.

1. mohillbilly

mohillbilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Poplar Bluff , MO
    had someone break into my shop last night ..they carried off 90 % of my power tools and about $4000 worth of hand tools that can't be bought around here, as I had to order them.
    around here all you can get is the cheap chinese made tools that are not worth buying.

2. RandW

RandW Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2012
    Sorry to hear that. Being a plumber by trade, and a love of both woodworking and automotive 'tinkering' I know how expensive good tools can be. And not something that can be replaced overnight.

3. mohillbilly

Jan 15, 2012
    Poplar Bluff , MO
    no I will have to order them again and that takes time as some I can only get from Germany

4. LIBERTYNY

LIBERTYNY Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2011
    NY
    I feel your pain I'm also a plumber the past 7 or 8 years I have personally ben robed at least once a year - some of my employers it seems to be a monthly thing. Past few years I have bought massive amounts of security equipment / personal protection . It does not seem to deter them , but I have caught several on and off camera - Thank God They avoid the visible ones but the trail cameras work great, I highly recomend them. One more thing most of the people that we catch we know employes , ex employes, and so called friends

lossing tools is the worst even if you re-buy the same brand the new ones are often different - cheaper built, old stock parts don't fit

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Sorry to hear about that, Mo... :(
    I hate stinkin' thieves too.. :smack

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I hope they will turn up.Did you keep the records and serials?Do tools have numbers?Stinks that even your home is not safe.Hope you get the tools AND the theives.

7. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Does your insurance cover them?

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] We had repeated break ins in our area.

Once we had informed our friends and neighbors about us having guns, we haven't had anyone trying to break in the house but they sure like to pick thru the cars if they can gain access to it.

Pity the city cops can only patrol and do so much with the city cutbacks.

Hope your insurance will pay for it.

9. mohillbilly

Jan 15, 2012
    Poplar Bluff , MO
    no my insurance doesn't cover them since they were in an unattached building ..I would have had to insure them separate .
    as to recovering them ,unless I find them up for sale somewhere they won't be recovered due to a dispute I have with the sheriff's family.
    Only took him 4 hours to come out when I reported it yesterday.

10. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    You might try the local pawn shops. They would have to provide ID then...
    Also check ebay and the craigslist.
    I am sorry this happened to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by