I Hate to Say It, But,

If you wear glasses, you have at least partial protection for your eyes, which can help too.

I've noticed that the stories about chickens pecking someone's eye are almost entirely from people who do not wear glasses.
I just established the habit based on my experience with cockatiels -- the dominant bird perches the highest so I never allow a bird to sit above my eye level.
My smaller ones are often around chin level. Bad habit, I know, but I have yet to break it. They get a glint when they're about to peck at something they're curious about. I keep an eye for that glint and if I see it, I turn their head away. Usually the hens are more stubborn about that than the males

No. It's a paraphrase from a teacher. Very good advice, I thought.

They must have been then. Just haven't encountered others saying it because it doesn't sound important unless the consequences of putting expectations above reality are deadly.

But you're totally right, that it should be applied to eyeball preservation too!

They must have been then. Just haven't encountered others saying it because it doesn't sound important unless the consequences of putting expectations above reality are deadly.
He may have heard it from a pilot, not sure. It was a class I took.

His actual quote is, "You paid this money to find out how stuff really is, not how stuff should be."

He may have heard it from a pilot, not sure. It was a class I took.

His actual quote is, "You paid this money to find out how stuff really is, not how stuff should be."

Huh, but your version is the pilot version... interesting.

"Deal with things as they are, not how you want them to be" is even oft-repeated on a taped teaching series covering the basics for every new student.
Because us humans have trouble reacting quickly to things that are different to what we're used to, mindset is drilled in.

Back
Top Bottom