I Hate Wal-Mart!!!

Quote:
Every retailer does this. Most vendors for the store REQUIRE that they be destroyed. Part of the solution for vendors was to supply "shells" or non working displays. Thats why when you go into a cell phone store, most of the displays dont work. They dont want all those displays to be put out in circulation-without them getting the profit on them.

Well, the one day you got out of that one was more than the last one I bought from TSC (which I LOVE). I turned it on and I kid you not, it quit within 30 minutes. AGH!

Our Walmart lets up do bake sales to raise money and is donating quite a bit to help our Boy Scout building replace it's roof. They also donate food, supplies, trees at Arbor Day, etc. They really do a lot for our community, on top of being a decent sized employer here. Considering all of the people here that I've met that have worked there for years and love it, they treat their employees better than the media likes to report as a general rule.

Quote:
That is not the full story. It was only one walmart store they found doing it. Turned out it is against walmart store policy to do so, and those items should go to charity. The manager of that store was fired, because he did not follow policies and waisted labor for cutting thing up. Bad mismanagement on his side. BTW I have seen the store policy folder before that incident so I know it was there. What gets me that people, who are against walmart, still use this story as their argument and you find hundreds of websites quoting this story. Some know the full story others don't. It's like a wild fire it takes off.
Katharina

Quote:
Wow! Hating Walmart is probably the closest I'll come to being trendy!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I hate Walmart because one on their cashiers once threw my purchase right into my face.
somad.gif
There is so much ill will in that store, I cannot abide by it.

Quote:
That is not the full story. It was only one walmart store they found doing it. Turned out it is against walmart store policy to do so, and those items should go to charity. The manager of that store was fired, because he did not follow policies and waisted labor for cutting thing up. Bad mismanagement on his side. BTW I have seen the store policy folder before that incident so I know it was there. What gets me that people, who are against walmart, still use this story as their argument and you find hundreds of websites quoting this story. Some know the full story others don't. It's like a wild fire it takes off.
Katharina

Even if I leave that particular story out of the argument, there are still many many good reasons not to shop there.

Me & My Peeps :

Quote:
Every retailer does this. Most vendors for the store REQUIRE that they be destroyed. Part of the solution for vendors was to supply "shells" or non working displays. Thats why when you go into a cell phone store, most of the displays dont work. They dont want all those displays to be put out in circulation-without them getting the profit on them.

And THAT, to me, is disgusting.​

Quote:
Katharina

Even if I leave that particular story out of the argument, there are still many many good reasons not to shop there.

I honestly cant think of any REAL reasons NOT to shop there...
hu.gif

Quote:

I honestly cant think of any REAL reasons NOT to shop there...
hu.gif

Really? Wow...

Back
Top Bottom