I hate when other teens tell my daughter

Raisning teenagers is like running a horse and falling off and being dragged by the stirrups.... Eventually something will give or you will die... There is a ray of hope for you!!! ha ha.. I have a 17 year old daughter... I gave her the quick kick in the a$$ and sent her packing... She is now living wtih a friend and has a lot more goals for herself and values things....Go figure.

Well I'm 32 now, but I hated at that age, living with mom. But I graduated with honors and ended up being made to be good. She put a healthy fear in me.
I would often tell her I was moving out. She said she would call the cops and have me drug back for being a runaway (you can do that in florida)
Then I would tell her I was calling child protective services. She then would proceed to tell me to call, and that if I did she would make it worth their wild to come and get me YIkes!
She would take my battery out of my car. I was aloud no freedoms at that age, and lord knows my friends were afraid too.

Then when I was 18 and she couldn't stop the moving out thing. She let me know how hard it was. She let me move out the day I turned 18, and even gave me $1000 to go with. I got an apartment, and within a month that money was gone. I was working like crazy but couldn't keep up or pay my bills. Guess where I ended up having to go? Yep mom's. Where I lived again till I got married at 20. I still had to be in by midnight. Still no sleepovers at other peoples, no boys in the room, etc. But I didn't fight her at all anymore.

So your the boss, get in her face, and mean it. Call the cops if she leaves, and drag her little butt home! If she can be amanicipated, let her have fun trying. Then when she does let her find out how hard it is. Let her know you love her, but she made her own bed and let her lie in it. It will be hard, especially when she makes terrible decisions.
and if she see her in a dangerous position I agree with previous poster, have her bakeracted.
It will pay off in the long run.
I love my mother, respect her, and am still very much her little girl

I had the same idea in my head when I was 17... so my parents kicked me out. All I got help with was I got to bring my laundry to their house to wash, otherwise I had to pay my own rent, groceries, and gas and go to high school for my Sr year full time. I was also supporting a POS bf who wouldnt work. I learned valuable lessons, graduated by the hair of my chin, and married a decent guy. It was rough on my mom and dad to do that to me but I was so rebelious and stubborn they had no choice. Kids these days disgust me, and I'm still a kid myself!

when i was a kid my parents told me " i brought you in this world and i'll take you out". as i got older (17) i didn't think i needed to live by there rulesbecause i was a know it all so i threatened i am movin out. the next day all the lock was changed and my clothes was at the street were the garbage cans go. momma and daddy was on the porch , she was saying this aint no revolving door good luck too ya. it was the best lesson they ever tought me. those next few months changed my life. i could come visit they would even invit me to supper on sundays, but i was moved out fer good. i had to grow up. i was raised with values, now i had to re-find them. my parents didn't take no b.s. and i know why now. i now have a good wife two kids and bought the house next to my parents. i used to dispise them for the whoopins and such, but as i look back i deserved ever one of em and maybe a few more.

your roof your rules........ and dont let her buck you.

I know virtually nothing about this but I think that until she starts to believe her "friends", you should tell her that her friends don't always tell the truth and explain to her what being an adult means. If she starts to believe them, make her pay rent,buy her own things, and do her own work no help from you. She'll change her tune.
wink.png

Quote:
That's kinda funny because a friend of ours is a W/D Repair man (when not getting his degree in advanced mathematics) and they really do have a coin operated W/D... they put quarters in for every load (and any 'guest users' have to as well) and end of the month they use the quarters to pay the water/gas bills. Pretty cool really... but now this is a whole new reason to love the idea!

Oh, I'd also ask just how many bills these Adult Friends of hers are paying... if they're so grown up they are supporting themselves right? Know all about the real world and thus are passing on good, honest, useful knowledge to their friend...

I'd also try and speak to their parents so that if they don't already know, they will know that their kids have these thoughts in their head... I'd rather see it coming than to be totally blindsided (like you are now!) by my kid up and deciding they're an adult and can do whatever the heck they want...

Last edited:
Quote:
That's kinda funny because a friend of ours is a W/D Repair man (when not getting his degree in advanced mathematics) and they really do have a coin operated W/D... they put quarters in for every load (and any 'guest users' have to as well) and end of the month they use the quarters to pay the water/gas bills. Pretty cool really... but now this is a whole new reason to love the idea!

Oh, I'd also ask just how many bills these Adult Friends of hers are paying... if they're so grown up they are supporting themselves right? Know all about the real world and thus are passing on good, honest, useful knowledge to their friend...

I'd also try and speak to their parents so that if they don't already know, they will know that their kids have these thoughts in their head... I'd rather see it coming than to be totally blindsided (like you are now!) by my kid up and deciding they're an adult and can do whatever the heck they want...

That really isn't that bad of an idea. I'll have to remember that one. But in my case, I'd also have to put locks on my dresser drawers and closets because they would just proceed to steal my clothing. Regardless of whether it fit or not. Sometimes it's tricky when you have daughters that just don't care what they are wearing.

You are NOT alone. There are a few of us here dealing with the teenage thing.
1 year and 359 days till mine gets the boot.
lol.png

Hang in there. I am told it gets better, but I don't see that anytime soon.
barnie.gif

Tell her that since she's an adult it's time to get a job and pay rent, utilities, and groceries. Or choose to be a contributing member to family by doing her chores and following the rules. Remind her how much easier it is to get through high school and go to college when you can still live at home rent free.

Back
Top Bottom