I have 3 baby chicks what are the breeds and how do i clean/bathe them. Two of them are black they are 3 weeks old and the other one is 1 month old.

NeroTheFirst

In the Brooder
Nov 13, 2021
How do I bathe them and what breed are they

Attachments

• 20211113_141718.jpg
    20211113_141718.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 6
How do I bathe them and what breed are they
You should not need to bathe them.

Chickens do best when they stay dry.

They will clean their own feathers by preening (rubbing with their beaks), and they will take dust baths (lay in the dirt or bedding and scratch around throwing dirt on themselves. They can look very odd while doing that, but it is perfectly normal and healthy.)

I'm not sure about the breeds right now. Breeds will be more obvious as they get older, although there may be some people who can tell already.

ok thanks for the replies but the black and brown chicks they have dark greenish stuff on their toes and when i pet them the feel very dirty. should i send a picture of their toes?

ok thanks for the replies but the black and brown chicks they have dark greenish stuff on their toes and when i pet them the feel very dirty. should i send a picture of their toes?
Ok! Sure! It totally makes sense to wash them then! Pictures would be great!

For washing them, get some Luke warm water and fill it up to their feet. In a bowl. Then use your hands or a rag. They are real young and you don't want it super high. Don't leave them unattended or they will drown. Best to do one at a time. I wouldnt use soap unless completely necessary. If you need soap use some dawn dish soap but don't get it in their eyes or let them eat it! 👍😁

ok also are those feathers in his leg?

Attachments

• 20211113_174902.jpg
    20211113_174902.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211113_174841.jpg
    20211113_174841.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 2
ok so here's the thing they don't let me pick them up i can pick up the female but not the others. i only incubated the female the golden one the 2 others are from a market and they were in very unhygenic conditions i got them yesterday there were at least 20 chicks in a small cage but im pretty sure they are vaccinated because of the law over here.

i can only stroke them with a finger maybe other than that they wont let me. Also they are three weeks old and yet they can fly like 2 meters high how does that work the other one the golden femal can barely go 30cm horizontally

Back
Top Bottom