I have 4 muscovys needing to be released but i want to have something on them so i can identify them as they grow and change

Danielleb82

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
Does anyone have any ideas other then bands on legs . I have some of those coming Tues hopefully I can get them on them . If not I'm hoping there is a pain or something that won't hurt them that will last so as the go into the wild I'll know who's who.

Attachments

• 20230311_170851.jpg
    20230311_170851.jpg
    630.5 KB · Views: 26
Where did these birds come from and why are they being released??
They were alone on my back porch as under 2 days old . My grandfather has had enough of them on our porch. I usually release once they are grown and mating . I wish I could keep them but it's not my house . 😕

Why do they need to be released ?
Sadly I live with my grandfather and he is tired of the mess . But I usually release them when they are age to fly and mate . They were abandoned onour back porch with no mom in sight . If it was my house I'd keep them but I can't and I don't believe anyone near here will take them .

Sadly I live with my grandfather and he is tired of the mess . But I usually release them when they are age to fly and mate . They were abandoned onour back porch with no mom in sight . If it was my house I'd keep them but I can't and I don't believe anyone near here will take them .
You could post in your area on Byc
Releasing birds is putting them at great risk

They were alone on my back porch as under 2 days old . My grandfather has had enough of them on our porch. I usually release once they are grown and mating . I wish I could keep them but it's not my house . 😕
So they started out wild
Where abouts are you located?
Depending on where you are, it may be illegal to release them back into the wild, they're also likely imprinted and tame- They wont thrive in the wild.

I wonder if you could find a new home for them

So they started out wild
Where abouts are you located?
Depending on where you are, it may be illegal to release them back into the wild, they're also likely imprinted and tame- They wont thrive in the wild.

I wonder if you could find a new home for them
It's my back yard . And they usually just stay here sometimes fly off for few months but come back like neebs who is 2 amd a half . Rescued him also

Attachments

• 20230118_153536.jpg
    20230118_153536.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom