I have a 5-6 week old silverrudds blue... pullet or cockerel

If their comb stays red and/or gets redder and the wattles start getting bigger, that's probably a cockerel. Anything turning red before 10 weeks has me sus.
her comb isn’t normally that red, I had her on her back so the blood must have rushed to her head, it’s normally pink though. But the wattles are dark dark red

her comb isn’t normally that red, I had her on her back so the blood must have rushed to her head, it’s normally pink though. But the wattles are dark dark red
I'd say pullet right now, you'll know for sure in a few weeks.

Side note, don't lay your bird back like that, the pressure of the internal organs makes it difficult to breath.

Hm, yeah then you'll have to wait and see. Pinkish comb and red wattles still points to cockerel to me, but I'd give it a couple more weeks and see if it gets any darker/more developed. My OEGB cockerel had a pinkish comb and wattles by ~5-6 weeks and coming up on 7 weeks it's starting to turn more red. Meanwhile the OEGB pullets at the same age have orangey combs and no wattles still.

Hm, yeah then you'll have to wait and see. Pinkish comb and red wattles still points to cockerel to me, but I'd give it a couple more weeks and see if it gets any darker/more developed. My OEGB cockerel had a pinkish comb and wattles by ~5-6 weeks and coming up on 7 weeks it's starting to turn more red. Meanwhile the OEGB pullets at the same age have orangey combs and no wattles still.
Oh, and wow that’s a lot of information 😆

Silverudd’s Blue are bred to be able to be sexed by 4-6 weeks. Here’s my guy at 6 weeks:

Attachments

• 841474B0-0959-4D49-9458-C488DC1D76BA.jpeg
    841474B0-0959-4D49-9458-C488DC1D76BA.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 64

Back
Top Bottom