I HAVE A BABY DUCK & SLIGHT EMERGENCY *UPDATED ANOTHER PIC*

bayouchica

Songster
13 Years
Jan 23, 2007
N.E. Louisiana
Well I wasn't expecting them till next week.
roll.png

I have one of my Buff Orps sittting on them & she pecked the poor baby to death almost after it hatched.It was a miracle the baby didn't die. :mad:
I was just checking on my Buff & noticed the baby duck out away from her. grrrrr....
The little duck has two wounds on it's back & some on the neck & head.The worst are the wounds on the back.
So I've got it in the house under a light & put some neosproin (sp?) on the wounds...Looks like it went to the bone. I also have a thermometer to watch the temp. I have noticed it is trying to move around & trying to stand up a bit.I'm hoping it'll make it.
fl.gif

A little good news is the other two eggs have pipped.I still have them under the bad mama Buff in the laundry room in the dark.I'm keeping an eye on her & will take the babies after they hatch out.
If any of yall can think of something else to help this baby left me know...
Here's a couple of quick pics...
100_2921.jpg

100_2918.jpg

Last edited:
Oh No - I wish I knew more - sadly I can't help - perhaps you should post under EMERGENCIES.

Thanks for your replies... I forgot to mention that I did give the baby some V&E, drank just a little.
Didn't want to give it too much at first.
Poison Ivy, I don't know about aspirin for her now, since she just hatched. She really isn't interested in drinking.
Good news !! Baby duck is starting to test out her feet & her eyes are alot more clear now. Breathing is alot better now.
smile.png

Hey yall, well had another duck hatch!!!
wee.gif

The second one was almost half way hatched & I put it with the hurt duck.They are doing jut fine now.I'll try to post some pics tonite or in a.m.
caf.gif

Still have one more that has pipped pretty good & still under that Buff. :mad:
What an exciting day !! They are so darn cute
love.gif

thanks yall for your help & support
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom