I have a bully!

Tkeen5594

In the Brooder
May 2, 2020
Hey everyone!

I know for certain I have 2 females and 1 drake. The other duck, I’m still not sure if “tater tot” is a male or female. There isn’t a curl on tater tots tail and I haven’t had the opportunity to listen to see if I hear a quack or a honk. My drake has mated my 2 females but tater tot isn’t having it. Tater tot is the youngest of my flock but is the biggest duck out of all 4 of them. Drake seems to bully tater tot frequently. It’s only her he goes after too. He puts his head down and sort of chases her. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Drake will also isolate tater tot from the group sometimes. I’m not sure if tater tot IS a girl, if she’s not sexually mature yet and drake is frustrated or if tater tot is a male & drake is defending “his” girls. However, when drake “goes after” tater tot, tater tot doesn’t fight back, is very submissive. All of this behavior has me stumped. Maybe you guys can help me? I’m going to post pictures below. The large white pekin is tater tot. The other white pekin, I named goose. Goose is the loudest of the bunch hence the name choice LOL. I know drakes can get very aggressive especially during mating, but he’s not aggressive with my other girls..... help!?!?!?! Lol thanks

Attachments

• 2D8B8B62-4800-4994-969D-0A07DB5B8001.jpeg
    2D8B8B62-4800-4994-969D-0A07DB5B8001.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 3B52D799-B797-4794-A984-B8DF433044CE.jpeg
    3B52D799-B797-4794-A984-B8DF433044CE.jpeg
    535 KB · Views: 14
  • EDDE6420-F64A-4D34-B0B7-CDFAFF7927B9.jpeg
    EDDE6420-F64A-4D34-B0B7-CDFAFF7927B9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 86A43F24-B23B-41AD-A5CA-39326E0715E9.jpeg
    86A43F24-B23B-41AD-A5CA-39326E0715E9.jpeg
    925.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 39F59B2C-E1C4-4483-B158-83E405F9B65B.jpeg
    39F59B2C-E1C4-4483-B158-83E405F9B65B.jpeg
    904.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 55FF13C8-9DF4-4F7E-91C9-0ED4A23EB92C.jpeg
    55FF13C8-9DF4-4F7E-91C9-0ED4A23EB92C.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 6C2B0A75-678B-4704-9082-82CD76315331.jpeg
    6C2B0A75-678B-4704-9082-82CD76315331.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 8
Hey everyone!

I know for certain I have 2 females and 1 drake. The other duck, I’m still not sure if “tater tot” is a male or female. There isn’t a curl on tater tots tail and I haven’t had the opportunity to listen to see if I hear a quack or a honk. My drake has mated my 2 females but tater tot isn’t having it. Tater tot is the youngest of my flock but is the biggest duck out of all 4 of them. Drake seems to bully tater tot frequently. It’s only her he goes after too. He puts his head down and sort of chases her. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Drake will also isolate tater tot from the group sometimes. I’m not sure if tater tot IS a girl, if she’s not sexually mature yet and drake is frustrated or if tater tot is a male & drake is defending “his” girls. However, when drake “goes after” tater tot, tater tot doesn’t fight back, is very submissive. All of this behavior has me stumped. Maybe you guys can help me? I’m going to post pictures below. The large white pekin is tater tot. The other white pekin, I named goose. Goose is the loudest of the bunch hence the name choice LOL. I know drakes can get very aggressive especially during mating, but he’s not aggressive with my other girls..... help!?!?!?! Lol thanks
pick her up and send a quack video, and i’ll most likely be able to tell for sure

Best way to find out sex of Tater tot is voice if old enough? Here my Runner will drop his head and chase off a Muscovy female and he will try and chase off his son but son just stands there and rasps at him. So until you voice sex it could be either sex.

Last edited:

Best way to find out sex of Tater tot is voice if old enough? Here my Runner will drop his head and chase off a Muscovy female and he will try and chase of his son but son just stands there and rasps at him. So until you voice sex it could be either sex.
okay, I’ll post a video later on today :) thank you

pick her up and send a quack video, and i’ll most likely be able to tell for sure
Hey everyone!

Best way to find out sex of Tater tot is voice if old enough? Here my Runner will drop his head and chase off a Muscovy female and he will try and chase off his son but son just stands there and rasps at him. So until you voice sex it could be either sex.
[/
Hey everyone!

Miss Lydia- I had to make a new post with tater tots voice. It’s on my profile. Please let me know what you think? Maybe I can now have some more answers to my “I have a bully post”. Thank you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom