I have a chicken with **HOT** Pink on its neck!! What breed is this?

I would appreciate any help with understanding what breed this is. I thought it was a Black Giant or Black Australorp that I was getting. I've tried to research any chickens that have this color with no results.

View attachment 3176037View attachment 3176038

There's a growing trend that is allowing some retailers to dye chicks. It's a huge thing in India and is growing in popularity in other countries. Especially around the Easter time. Perhaps this bird was in contact with one of those at some point? The colour seems right for that.

Attachments

• 339064-Dyed+Chickens.jpg
    339064-Dyed+Chickens.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 3
That can't be possible! Unless she was drawn on with pink permanent marker.
I'm if you zoom in near her butt/ thighs on the right you can see if faintly in this picture. She is rough feather-wise bless her, she's been moulting like crazy but these feathers are still pink, I'm quite sure she has been dyed by something in some way. I don't think she actually has pink feathers.
I can try and get a better picture but she's super flighty.

*Sorry OP didn't mean to hijack your thread!😬

Attachments

• PXL_20220805_165548787.jpg
    PXL_20220805_165548787.jpg
    845.7 KB · Views: 3
There's a growing trend that is allowing some retailers to dye chicks. It's a huge thing in India and is growing in popularity in other countries. Especially around the Easter time. Perhaps this bird was in contact with one of those at some point? The colour seems right for that.
When I was a little girl they'd have these in dime stores (yes, called dime not dollar) :old every year around Easter. They were usually leghorn cockerels. Many were later dumped. It was a sad thing.:hit

I'm glad I don't see that anymore!

I'm if you zoom in near her butt/ thighs on the right you can see if faintly in this picture. She is rough feather-wise bless her, she's been moulting like crazy but these feathers are still pink, I'm quite sure she has been dyed by something in some way. I don't think she actually has pink feathers.

That chicken has sickly looking feathers..

could it be purple poop from eating berries?

That trend is all but dead in the US. Decades ago it was a thing but not now days.

Back
Top Bottom