I have a contention with this song

I think the actual words are "bells on bobtail ring". It refers to the practice of trimming or bobbing the horse's tail so it wouldn't get caught in the sleigh harnesses. And I'm not making this answer up.
tongue.png

Quote:
Correcto!

They used to dock horse's tails to keep them out of the way. Now it's not as much practices, though some drafts still get docked. We didn't dock, but chose to trim the tail even with the tailbone (and use fly spray heavily).

Lemme see if I can find a bobtail with bells....

Sleigh%20Race011.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I could go along with a genetically engineered Rudolph, but I think Santa should have explained things to the other reindeer, so Rudolph wouldn't have been spurned from the reindeer games.

Quote:
Well, as we all know, Frosty was made of snow. Snow is frozen water. Water reflects and refracts light. Light is a form of radiant energy. Now if we suppose that Frosty's own thermal radiation levels of his personal energy could and would interact with the thermal radiation energy of the stop sign and lamppost (despite his ignorance of such), it is entirely possible that he was internally triangulating his location and "reading" it from his subconscious. Thus he didn't really need a GPS as his own entitiy was in fact a GPS.

But how did he know that he would need the stop sign and lamppost to triangulate the coordinates to the station? Which stop signs and lampposts would be the correct ones? Nope, Frosty is either an imbecile or a total innocent. Had they had him ask for directions, he could have kept the "innocence" title. As it is, he comes off as an imbecile. Good concept of "animation of inert matter intertwined with mortality" tale, shot to heck because of sloppy writing.

Quote:
Thank goodness the child only saw some kissing and beard tickling. Much more and he would have needed therapy!
th.gif

Quote:
I could go along with a genetically engineered Rudolph, but I think Santa should have explained things to the other reindeer, so Rudolph wouldn't have been spurned from the reindeer games.

Well, back in the day they were pretty discriminatory at the North Pole. Genetically engineered reindeer clones were so not hip. Reindeer children are cruel sometimes...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom