I have a contention with this song

Quote:
A co worker brouht this up last week!!! I have been wondering that too...

Isn't Parson Brown the same as saying Pastor Brown and the job would be then marrying them?

Yes on both accounts, maple. Parson=paster/preacher/minister. "Do the job" refers to performing the marriage ceremony.

I have much more of an issue with the whole stalker Santa aspect of that song....

He knows if you've been sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good....

That elf just doesn't sound that jolly. He sounds more like he'll be a suspect on Criminal Minds...just saying
smile.png

Job, what job? The job of legally joining two people together and expecting that they will make a life together. Now that's a responsibility! And then the JOB of staying married in and of itself.
barnie.gif
Been working at it day by day for 46 years, 10 months, and 30 days.
gig.gif
Best thing I've ever accomplished. She still likes me?????

a few years ago I convinced a friend's little girl that santa couldn't bring her a playstation 2 because sony hold the patent and wouldn't let the elves have a contract to make them. Some people bought copyrighted and patented goods and asked santa to deliver them, but that her mother prefered for Santa to bring things he DID get a contract to make.

it worked well.

back on topic,
"o little town of bethlehem how still we see thee lie"
errrr.... no we don't. Never set eyes on the place.

santa claus is coming to town always sounded like "santa the stalker is watching you! and now he's coming for you"

"jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!"
wouldn't you be ready to kill whoever put the <bleep> bells on there if they were jingling at you for any length of time?
and the song says it's a "one horse open sleigh" then goes on about "bells on bobtails ring" - now, I wonder... do horses HAVE bobtails? I thought that was rabbits. And the singer can't count as last I knew horses only had ONE tail. So either there's a freaky horse with a couple of rabbit tails, the horse swapped mid-song for a couple of rabbits who tried valliantly to pull that sleigh, or something REALLY weird is going on!

"Silent night"
well it might have been before you started singing!

Back
Top Bottom