I have a crow...

hahahaha there is no way a crow can attempt to pick up a cat or a kitten for that matter. They don't have talons.
😆 that’s like saying a cat with no legs would never try to move. Just because something possibly “can’t” it doesn’t mean they won’t try.

Crows are not a protected bird. I read a little bit of the article from the link and it said that if something happens to one of them they have been known to form a pack and attack the offender. Personally I think if it were me I would have someone with a BB gun do a little target practice. Not enough to kill one but to see if some discomfort would get them to move on.

In Texas we have a problem with some flocks of birds taking over trees in residental areas and a lot of people tie shiny aluminum pie tins in the tree. Maybe that would work here. I'll bet you could get an agile young person to help you by tying some in the tree for you.

hahaha, a crow cannot pick up a cat...they do not have talons like a hawk....
I agree. Crows have no talons. but hawks, falcons, owls along with eagles DO and use talons to grasp, puncture lungs, dismember, pluck feathers and eat. they use talons to carry food to nests, they have nails for gripping on things like the tree branch they perch on.

We have a lot of crows here but they have never bothered the birds. Before I covered the pens they would take any eggs that were layed on the ground. When they are around they will chase off birds of prey such as hawks. Here, I think they make the rounds to see what is available.

Crows are not a protected bird. I read a little bit of the article from the link and it said that if something happens to one of them they have been known to form a pack and attack the offender. Personally I think if it were me I would have someone with a BB gun do a little target practice. Not enough to kill one but to see if some discomfort would get them to move on.

In Texas we have a problem with some flocks of birds taking over trees in residental areas and a lot of people tie shiny aluminum pie tins in the tree. Maybe that would work here. I'll bet you could get an agile young person to help you by tying some in the tree for you.
In Fairness the cat that the crow tried to grab had killed a crow last year beside my house. Do they hold grudges?

In Fairness the cat that the crow tried to grab had killed a crow last year beside my house. Do they hold grudges?
I will
In Texas we have a problem with some flocks of birds taking over trees in residental areas and a lot of people tie shiny aluminum pie tins in the tree. Maybe that would work here. .
I’ll be testing those thank you, I’ll also be getting videos of these incidents. They may be amusing to some.

(Replies to their comments follow, not you, thank you)

As for comments on “scare crows”

I can’t imagine a scare crow helping if they aren’t afraid of humans.

As for agile, I’ve been trying to get my tree cut down, it’s difficult with covid as I can chop branches but need help for someone to catch them as they fall 🙈

Appreciate the advice and help, and as for the daft comments about talons- you don’t need talons to kill. Crows can take away full grown ducks if they wish to, and in my opinion - anyone who owns poultry who doesn’t know this- needs to do research!

You ever witness a cat being clawed at “without talons” and lifted half an inch off the floor, then tell me a crow can’t do it. You ever see a duck taken away by a crow and then tell me, it can’t happen.

You ever tell me a crow can’t drag and claw and knock a kitten out of a tree, then tell me it can’t happen.

You can laugh about it, but prove otherwise 🧐

Back
Top Bottom