I have a deformed chick, help!

I'm so sorry! I know how it feels. Seems the same story with me every time too. Write a post for advice... Too late to give any. My heart goes to you! Bless you for trying!!

Thank you. I'm not happy at all but I'm for some reason not sad at all so that's good. She was a lucky chicken just to hatch from her egg so her life wasn't all bad. At least she happy now

Ocegra. .I just came on BYC today and I came across these posts..you amaze me , you really done the best you could and she had an amazing start that u cared soo much to keep trying..I wish all the best we need more people like you, most people would of culled her and u didn't. .and your right she's happy im sure , take care x

note for mp5girl

"Gimpy" has been with us for about a month now. She still limps badly and probably always will. She gets around ok for normal things, although seems to rest more. She does occasionally get left behind when the crowd is ranging. She calls for help, and we'll carry her to join her buddies or the dog will shoe her along. As long as she doesn't seem to be in any pain, it'll work.

As an update, Gimpy is doing fine, although she still limps. We also now inherited a New Hampshire Red with a deformed beak. She has trouble eating but manages. I don't suppose the eggs will care.

Back
Top Bottom