I Have A Ducklings!! Update **pics** Getting big

Quote:
I did. I broke down and snuck one and candled. Didn't see anything.
hmm.png
If I hold my light just right I can see the air sacs from the top of the incubator. No internal pips either yet.
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

I did get the headliner of my car replaced and car detailed. I am running out of busy work. I will just stare at them.........
barnie.gif

Quote:
I did. I broke down and snuck one and candled. Didn't see anything.
hmm.png
If I hold my light just right I can see the air sacs from the top of the incubator. No internal pips either yet.
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

I did get the headliner of my car replaced and car detailed. I am running out of busy work. I will just stare at them.........
barnie.gif

patience grasshopper.....patience

I can hear them.
ya.gif
Peep, peep, peep.
jumpy.gif
I didn't know you could hear them.
ya.gif

The eczema is itching, hands are sweating, heart is jumping
ya.gif
Oh, please
fl.gif
be strong healthy duckies (what? no duck icon thingy?)

I think I am going to go throw up now
roll.png
lol.png

DH has to go out of town today. I think I will go with him just to keep from staring at the incubator.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Congrats! Duck eggs really do take forever to hatch. For me, they usually pip and then rest for 24 hours or more--it's excruciating. Then they'll expand the pip a bit, and I'll get really excited thinking they're about to start zipping... and then they'll rest for another 12-24 hours. Once they actually start zipping, it still takes another two hours to zip the top, and another couple hours to actually come out (but if they're on their sides, they'll pop out a lot faster--I hatch them upright).

My best advice: Go shopping.

I am no good at waiting. I am one impatient redhead.
lol.png

I am waiting for DH to come home so we can go out. House has been cleaned, again.
Every once and a while I will turn everything that makes noise, radio, blower on wood stove, fans......... off, just so I can listen to them. I still can't tell which ones are peeping, but I can hear tapping as well. It is kinda cool and scary all rolled into 11 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom