I have a mini rant.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royd

Royd Songster

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:Just like spelling, some folks just aren't as gifted at writing. Sorry it is painful for you to read those posts. I think threads like this scare people off, and they just won't post, so as not to offend with their poor grammatical skills.

Actually, all it takes is a little bit of self editing.....Read it back to yourself, out loud....If you say, "What the ----" you probably ought to put in a comma or two.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  2. Wynette

Wynette Crowing

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    If it bothers you, then just move on. [​IMG]

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    I agree. If i see a looong post and its huge. i dont even attempt to read it. sorry just me. [​IMG]

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Why?

[​IMG] Smart Alec!

Just what is a Alec ??????? [​IMG] why don't you hear of a Dumb Alec. .[​IMG]

5. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!

Anytime I open a thread and see one super long paragraph I don't even attempt to read it. I just push the back button

6. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Crowing

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Deb, when I opened your thread and began reading, I started wondering where the rant was! [​IMG] But then I got it. Sometimes it can get pretty annoying... I try to read as much as possible (if it's really important or I'm really interested), but a lot of the time it's not feasible (for me). I'll read it and/or skim it just enough to get the basic idea.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

Quote:Just like spelling, some folks just aren't as gifted at writing. Sorry it is painful for you to read those posts. I think threads like this scare people off, and they just won't post, so as not to offend with their poor grammatical skills.

Actually the grammar and mis-spellings don't both me near as much as trying to use a ruler on my monitor.

To each their own. If someone is scared off from posting because I asked to please break out paragraphs, there is more than meets the surface going on.

8. debilorrah

Quote:Don't you know that correcting someone's written grammar just isn't PC. It is up to the person receiving the message to properly interpret what's being said.

I said NOTHING about grammar!!!!

9. debilorrah

Quote:Because maybe they are asking for help and I WILL muddle through it. I choose not to move on, if I can help at all.

Good grief. A mini-rant was all this was.

10. mamagardener

mamagardener Songster

Well Debi, I would say some people just love to disagree no matter what is said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: