I have a mini rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Just like spelling, some folks just aren't as gifted at writing. Sorry it is painful for you to read those posts. I think threads like this scare people off, and they just won't post, so as not to offend with their poor grammatical skills.

Actually, all it takes is a little bit of self editing.....Read it back to yourself, out loud....If you say, "What the ----" you probably ought to put in a comma or two.

Last edited:
If it bothers you, then just move on.
roll.png

I agree. If i see a looong post and its huge. i dont even attempt to read it. sorry just me.
hmm.png

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!

Anytime I open a thread and see one super long paragraph I don't even attempt to read it. I just push the back button

Deb, when I opened your thread and began reading, I started wondering where the rant was!
lol.png
But then I got it. Sometimes it can get pretty annoying... I try to read as much as possible (if it's really important or I'm really interested), but a lot of the time it's not feasible (for me). I'll read it and/or skim it just enough to get the basic idea.

Last edited:
Quote:
Just like spelling, some folks just aren't as gifted at writing. Sorry it is painful for you to read those posts. I think threads like this scare people off, and they just won't post, so as not to offend with their poor grammatical skills.

Actually the grammar and mis-spellings don't both me near as much as trying to use a ruler on my monitor.

To each their own. If someone is scared off from posting because I asked to please break out paragraphs, there is more than meets the surface going on.

Quote:
Don't you know that correcting someone's written grammar just isn't PC. It is up to the person receiving the message to properly interpret what's being said.

I said NOTHING about grammar!!!!

Quote:
Because maybe they are asking for help and I WILL muddle through it. I choose not to move on, if I can help at all.

Good grief. A mini-rant was all this was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom