I have a mini rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to break my posts into paragraphs, too. It's something I learned in writing classes. If you go on and on in one big paragraph, your readers will lose interest. So, if you want people to really read what you've written, give their eyes a break once in a while.

Quote:
Why?

I am guessing the reason is this: if there are several quotes from several people, it makes sense to break it up quote by quote and the responses to it. I see nothing wrong with it.

Quote:
Why?

lau.gif
Smart Alec!

Quote:
Just like spelling, some folks just aren't as gifted at writing. Sorry it is painful for you to read those posts. I think threads like this scare people off, and they just won't post, so as not to offend with their poor grammatical skills.

If someone can't take this level of criticism do they really belong on a board in the first place.

Paragraphs are a good thing when writing a lengthy post.

Last edited:
Quote:
Why?

I am guessing the reason is this: if there are several quotes from several people, it makes sense to break it up quote by quote and the responses to it. I see nothing wrong with it.

Just to prove what happens.

It's formatting on the board. When you quote a quoted post, it keeps the quotes. Which helps keep track of what's going on.

But multi-quoting - when you quote 3 people in 1 post and have seperate answers - isn't as straight forward. I suspect there is a way, but I can't figure it out and I'm really blitzed on pain killers.

Quote:
Don't you know that correcting someone's written grammar just isn't PC. It is up to the person receiving the message to properly interpret what's being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom