I have a Mystery Chickie! Help please. :) *PICTURES INCLUDED*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chicken0Boy, May 9, 2011.

1. Chicken0Boy

Chicken0Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

I just brought home my new shipment of baby chicks! It is second time, but I still love it. [​IMG] I ordered from McMurray with no deaths (EVEN BETTER). The only thing i want to know is what is my 'rare' chick? It has lik a grey/black/brown 'top' body a light colored underbody and wings with a brown head? Any ideas?

Pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. AZSummer

AZSummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    No idea, but it's so cute!!

3. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Very cute! I'm a newbie but I have a few guesses...maybe Partridge rock? does it have feathers on it's feet? maybe blue cochin? Keep posting pics! we love them and eventually will come up with a breed for u! [​IMG]

4. Connorrm

Connorrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    They had a ton of extra partridge rocks hatch / left over this week. If you got your shipment today it's probably that. My local feed store gets all their birds from McMurray (and charges a ton over 6 bucks per bird).

They were given 50 extra partridge rock straight run to sell.

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    It looks like it has a beard/muffs but that could just be the angle of the camera. What kind of comb does it have? Straight line with little "serrated" edges = single comb, flatish spot with maybe some bumps=pea or rosecomb. What color are the legs?

6. Chicken0Boy

Chicken0Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

I can see it being a patridge rock. I will give y'all more info when I get a chance.

7. mrchicken

mrchicken Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    i think blue cochin

8. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    Definitely not a blue Cochin, it's not blue and the legs are clean. It could be a partridge Rock, but I bet it's an Easter Egger. The legs look green to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by