I have a Mystery Chickie! Help please. :) *PICTURES INCLUDED*

Chicken0Boy

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Upstate of South Carolina
I just brought home my new shipment of baby chicks! It is second time, but I still love it.
celebrate.gif
I ordered from McMurray with no deaths (EVEN BETTER). The only thing i want to know is what is my 'rare' chick? It has lik a grey/black/brown 'top' body a light colored underbody and wings with a brown head? Any ideas?

Pics...

49892_12.jpg

49892_34.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Very cute! I'm a newbie but I have a few guesses...maybe Partridge rock? does it have feathers on it's feet? maybe blue cochin? Keep posting pics! we love them and eventually will come up with a breed for u!
thumbsup.gif

They had a ton of extra partridge rocks hatch / left over this week. If you got your shipment today it's probably that. My local feed store gets all their birds from McMurray (and charges a ton over 6 bucks per bird).

They were given 50 extra partridge rock straight run to sell.

It looks like it has a beard/muffs but that could just be the angle of the camera. What kind of comb does it have? Straight line with little "serrated" edges = single comb, flatish spot with maybe some bumps=pea or rosecomb. What color are the legs?

Definitely not a blue Cochin, it's not blue and the legs are clean. It could be a partridge Rock, but I bet it's an Easter Egger. The legs look green to me.

Back
Top Bottom