I have a mystery....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MandyH, Apr 17, 2009.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

And before you all spazz out on me, I took a pic but it was with my phone and isn;t good so I will have to post one later. BUT I have 5 chicks that I have hatched out that don't fit with anything I supposedly bought. They are blue, with barring and a flat/pea comb. They are only a week old but are a BEAUTIFUL blue. The breeds I have bought were supposed to be Dominique and Buff Orp's. Do I somehow have a BLUE dominique?? And if so, how??

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Mm that would be pretty a blue dom.. Sorry can't help but someone can..

3. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I am assuming that baby Doms look like baby Barred Rocks, except for the combs, and until mine get fully feathered, they looked like a really pretty blue. In fact, my one that just got killed was almost 2 months and was still a beautiful blue barred color. If the Doms are like the Barred Rocks, the males will be the lighter color when they mature.

It is just probably their baby color. With the combs, sounds like they are Doms. They will get their older color when they are getting more mature.

Shelly

4. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

[​IMG]

OK, here is a black and a blue chick to compare. The flash really washed out the blue coloring of the chick. There is a marked difference between the blacks and the 5 mystery blue chicks.

5. denimeggs

denimeggs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    Are the wing feathers getting the black/white barring? The paler ones may just be the roos. They are about the same color as my male cuckoo maran was.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by