I have a one legged chicken and i can't take care of it anymore

Serami

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2023
I have a chicken named peggy and i have no clue if it is male or female. It started to get harassed by the other chickens so we brought her up to the house. now we have a house chicken. Well the biggest problem we have is that she falls on her knee a lot and it bleeds periodically. We have tried to make things that could help eliviate the pain but she rips it off or something happens to it. We went to the vet and they said it was a little underweight and that the chicken wasn't in pain. Well now that this thing is staying inside the house all the time its getting flat feet which looks painful. We also can't take care of her 24/7. We don't know what to do and we don't want to kill it. Were thinking of selling the thing but i don't know the first thing about doing something like that. any suggestions?

We're just at our wits end with her and don't know what to do. Also i didn't know which form to use so i chose this one.

Are there any animal sanctuaries near you? You can start posting on your state thread, list your general area to see if there is anyone that can rehab her. It sounds like the issue may be treatable, but it is hard to know for sure with just a written description.

Here is the list for state/ country threads. You can also try facebook and craigslist to rehome them if this doesn't work out.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/find-your-states-or-your-countrys-thread.270925/

THANK YOU!!!
Cheers Thank You GIF by PlayStation

Back
Top Bottom