I have a pip!

Pics
They've all figured out that my hands are good things. Most of them will jump in my hand happily.

I currently have polite little poppers. If I'm holding them they get all wiggly and escapey. I put them down, they walk away, poop, walk back and jump into my lap. :lau silly babies
:lau the joys of new chicks!
They grow up too fast! :hmm
I'm trying so hard not to set a batch...:fl:lau

Just barely got a pip from potential baby 12. Potential baby 11 has an opening and is swallowing. Guess we'll see what morning brings. I know time is against these 2. We are at about 55 hours since first hatch. Still no signs fro the 7 unknowns. Will will recandle after 11 and 12 do whatever they are going to do. Mama hen in bed.
:fl:fl

Sleep well! :frow

Baby update: everyone is doing well. All but #12 can get in and out of their "coop" without assistance. I'm building their "run" portion of the brooder today so they can move into the porch tomorrow. Food and water will be in the run so I wanted to make sure everyone was able to jump in and out on their own first. Had to clean off 2 new cases of pasty butt this morning. The one with the defective vent is pooping more easily but I still have to wash it twice a day. It's poop looks normal so I may just let it grow and be part of the 12 week cockerel slaughter.

I think baby 11 may be a white rock because it is noticeably paler then the other yellow chicks.

Baby 1 (polish mama) is starting to get tail feathers and the skin on its legs is starting to darken.
View attachment 1238981 View attachment 1238983
Yay! All sounds great!
:love

Back
Top Bottom